Wednesday, October 18, 2006

LITTLE LULU + BOX OF KLEENEX + ARTHUR GODFREY = HALLOWEEN

Arthur Godfrey is shouting, “It’s Kleenex Tissue Time let Halloween fun remind you.”, in this vintage ad out of an October 18, 1953 newspaper comics section. Little Lulu is doing her job as the Kleenex spokes girl along with her gang of regulars. Little Lulu Moppet was the ad mascot for Kleenex from 1944 until 1960 and was created by Marjorie H. Buell in 1935.

CLICK FOR A CLOSER LOOK

Funny thing about this post is that this ad was published on October 18, 1953 and now it’s resurfaced to be shown again on the same day just 53 years later. I assure you that posting this today on the same day was unintentional since I pretty much just grab items out of my tub of Halloween stuff every morning. Actually I was trying to decide between this ad or some Scooby-Doo items and as usual I wasn’t aware of today’s date until just a few minutes ago. Do-doo-do-doo, kind of Twilight Zoney if you ask me!


"Oh man, Tubby just sneezed in the apple tub!"

3 comments:

Shawn Robare said...

It's good to know that Little Lulu is standing guard against the little, grimy, sticky, candy covered hands of trick-or-treaters everywhere.

John Rozum said...

Those are actually some pretty nice illustrations. This is almost as odd a bit of ephemera as that vaseline ad you posted previously.

Anonymous said...

That reminds me. I haven't stocked up on tissue for Halloween this year. Thanks.